August 23, 2010

For the love of DOUGHNUTS!!!

So besides cupcakes, I am head over heels in love with doughnuts. As a child I would walk with my cousins to Winchell's Doughnut Shop and order the most colorful doughnut they sold. It didn't matter how messy it was- I just had to have it! It was a plain cake doughnut with pink frosting and colorful sprinkles. You could say that I loved anything pink from a very early age. And that did have a little influence on the choices I made when picking anything out =) I was also taught how to make homemade doughnuts by my mom. But they were nothing fancy. Just a plain ol' doughnut sprinkled with regular sugar and sometimes a little cinnamon added to mix things up a bit. Don't get me wrong, they were yummy and I still make homemade ones every now and then. But you will still find me sneaking into the local doughnut shop to buy my colorful treat at least once a week.


Now you all know my love of Etsy. If you aren't aware of Etsy, I highly recommed checking the site out. I have not bought jewelry from anywhere else besides Esty since my very first purchase from them online. The site is filled with a whole bunch of amazing and original pieces. Anyway, back to what I was about to say! As I was doing my nightly "browse" on the site, I came across this eye catching pendant. It was like I was in the Winchell's Doughnut Shop again. I was staring at this piece of jewelry as if it was the real thing. It looked so yummy that I was starting to crave a doughnut. Yes, I know it's crazy. But how could you not? Anyway, I convinced myself that I already had a cupcake necklace, so why not?!?

(Click picture to see Etsy seller)

Well, my necklace came in the mail today. And I have to say that I am so pleased with it. It looks exactly like it does in the picture and I can't wait to wear it tomorrow!