January 4, 2011

Cooking and Pictures

So my love of cooking and baking started when I moved out of my mom's house in 1995. My love of picture taking started when I got my first SLR camera. Well, I take that back. It started when I first stumbled upon The Pioneer Woman's blog. And my love of blogging soon followed thereafter. I started a blog two years ago. Me being the picky person that I am, I just couldn't seem to figure out which one I wanted to go with. First it was WordPress. Then Blogspot. And until recently, Tumblr. And now back to Blogspot. Now I had all good intentions of keeping up with it, but just couldn't find the time between work, little cupcake, yada yada yada. I mean 'Pink Cupcake Momma' was just a "I'll get to it when I get to it" kinda thing.

Well it's a new year. And what does everyone do during the new year? They set New Year's resolutions. I've never been the type of person to write out a New Year's resolution. Probably because when I first did I practically failed most of them within the first month. But I've decided to go 'Julie and Julia' on you. Then add in a bit of Ansel Adams....well, not that extreme. I thought up the 'Julie and Julia' idea after reading xoxo, Trina's last 'Fifty-Two New' post. I just love her blog!! I usually obsess over her fun outfits and cute jewelry she posts about, but this time it was her post about baking soda and biscuits that I was really obsessing over. Maybe I was super hungry that day. I'm not sure what it was, but I just had to make those biscuits. While I was making them an idea popped into my head. Hey, why not do a Fifty-Two New for 2011. Genius!! I did have to switch it up a bit and make it my own. Soooo, I'm doing a Fifty-Two New using only NEW recipes (recipes that I've never tried before) and.....wait for it.....pictures (new pictures following this project as a guideline). Awesome right!?!? Well I can't take all the credit for it since it was all Trina's ideas. Hee, hee. And I think I'll cut the pictures down to one a week instead of one a day as the project states.

So, follow my journey as I make one new recipe and post at least one new picture a week. I promise not to make all the pictures be of food =) And to start it off, I've posted a new picture of the first new recipe I tried on New Year's day. It's from the recipe for bacon, egg and cheese biscuit muffins that Trina posted on her blog.

Happy New Year! And can't wait to share my posts with you for the rest of 2011!!